GOSPEL LETTERS AND PERSONAL TESTIMONY FROM YOURS TRULY.
M y Dear friends, Ladies and Gentlemen, I am writing to you today, because God is leading me in this direction to minister His words to your hearts through this medium of Letter writing Communication. This is done in order to remind you that Jehovah God who creates you in His image and likeness, is still alive and well, He still loves you with a passion, in spite of who you are and despite your station in life. This very truth I would like to share with you through my personal testimony.
GOD LOVES YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AND DESIRES TO SAVE YOU.
TESTIMONY OF MY CONVERSION
It was Easter, on a wednesday night as the gospel message rang out about what Jesus did on the cross for my sins and the sins of the world. As I listened, I recognized my condition, the awful state I was actually in, not only in my body, but also in my spirit and soul. I knew then how lost and finished I was, condemned and worthy of death. I was only eleven years old, but was old enough to understand that I was in danger and that Jesus was the only one who could save me. It was comforting to know that Jesus was ready and willing to save me, if I asked Him to forgive me of my sins.
God’s Unconditional Love Revealed
God’s unconditional love was revealed in my heart as the preacher continues to paint the most beautiful picture I have ever seen or heard of in my life. Her style of painting this picture was so revealing as it seems to explain all the necessary details of why and how Jesus died for me.
In my mind’s eye, the picture painted was so alive and colourful as though it was happening right there and then. The agony, the beatings, the crown of thorns he wore, the nails that pierced his hands and feet, the many times He fell, but willingly and eagerly went on in order to free me from my sins. Through-out the message, I was practically spell-bound, shocked and lost in wonder at the facts of all Jesus did for me on the cross, oh what love! I thought. I could hardly wait for the alter call to go publicly accept Jesus who loves me with such a passion. I never felt so loved before, neither after. I just wanted to be with Jesus forever.
MY ACCEPTANCE OF GOD’S LOVE
Near to the end of the message, the preacher quoted the verse of an old song: “Must Jesus bear the cross alone and all the world go free? No, there is a cross for everyone and there is one for me.“ This was a favourite of my mother’s, so I knew the song quite well, but its real meaning I learned only then. While she continued to quote the the rest of the verse of the song, I was already on my way to the alter to give my life to Jesus. Since then my life has never been the same. Why, Jesus in His love and mercy took away all my sins, the guilt and pains I felt, the fears and spiritual darkness that enslaved me, giving me freedom and real life… The eternal life.
Personal Experience of Christ Revelation
Such joy, peace, happiness and satisfaction were never experienced before. The change was so obvious that even my body felt lighter. The next day the very colour of the grass looked greener and fresher. The sunshine had a golden, attractive colour I had never seen before. The only words that could describe my new world would be the words of Martin Luther King. “Free at last, O thank God Almighty, I’m free at last”
All I needed to do was to accept Jesus’ free gift of salvation and asked Him to forgive me of all my sins.
Proof of God’s Desire TO SAVE YOU!
Proof of God’s love and desire to save you are found in many parts of the Bible including:
- Ezekiel 33:11 States that God does not take pleasure in the death of the wicked. He would rather that they turn from their evil ways and live!
- St. John 3:16.. The love verse: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Romans 2: 4 Shows: The riches of God’s kindness, His tolerance and patience, which leads you towards repentance
- 1 Tim. 2: 3-6 Declares that God wants all men to besaved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
- 2 Peter 3: 9 Explains that God is patient not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
- 1 John 4: 9-10 “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.”
A Sense Of Awareness And Appreciation
The question here is: How can you appreciate the fact that God desires to save you, if you do not know why He wants to save you? Who wants to to be saved if they do not know that they are in danger? Who wants to accept guilts or blames, if they are not guilty of anything? The facts are: 1. We are all in Danger and yes, 2. We are all guilty before a Holy God. Your question then maybe, Why?
1. WHY ARE WE GUILTY BEFORE GOD?
The fact is that although God created a perfect world, and two perfect people, because of unbelief Adam and Eve sinned. They have allowed Satan to persuade them with his lies about God. Their action of disobedience brought down the whole human race to a state of being enslaved in spiritual bondage, carrying around in our bodies, spirit and soul an incurable disease called “sin.”
What is then Sin?
God describes the root cause of sin as leprosy, an incurable disease of the soul, in Isaiah 1:5-6. This means that the personality of the real person who lives in your body is seriously affected by this disease. This incurable disease cause us to reject God’s love for us, therefore missing the mark in life that God intended for us. This disease can only be cured by God Himself.
The areas affected are:
- Your head — resulting in wrong thoughts.
- Your heart — resulting in wrong emotions.
- Your feet — resulting in wrong actions (the Will)
And that is not all, but the final stage of this incurable disease, ‘sin‘, leads to eternal death and eternal separation from God. In the account of Genesis, not only was humanity cursed, but the whole creation including the earth, animal-life, plant-life and everything else that was created by God for the enjoyment and comfort of man.
- Man’s disobedience Genesis 3: 1-13
- The curse pronounced by God 3: 14-21
- Adam and Eve sent away from the garden of Eden 3. 22-24
Proof of our guilt in Scriptures:
- Romans 3: 23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- 1 John 1:8 “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.”
- Isaiah 64: 6 “All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.”
- James 2: 10 “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty.”
Proof In Scriptures Of The Dangers Ahead.
Man has not only sinned and is condemned before a holy God, but That his life ever since then has been in danger of God’s wrath, judgement and eternal punishment. In the holy Scriptures we read about the descriptions of the danger:
- God’s Judgement on humanity is described as one that will take place after death. It further states that this punishment will be in a lake of fire. Revelation 20: 11-15
- This death is described as the second death in Revelation 21:8
- The fire God will use to destroy humanity is described here as an “Eternal Fire”. Matthew 25: 41
- Jesus also explained in a parable that man will be conscious in hell
WHAT IS THE BIG IDEA HERE?
Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ.
Paul states in Romans 5: 12: The big idea here is the word: “Change.“ You can change all of this by starting to believe on Jesus Christ for your salvation (freedom from sin) and healing for your soul, through the work Jesus did for you on the cross. John 3:16; Acts 16: 31
The good news here is that we can receive pardon through obedience. In spite of our sins, God loves us and has already made a way to save us by sending Jesus Christ, His Son, to take the punishment for the sins of those who will accept Him as Saviour and Lord. Roman 5:8; 6: 23. Additional refer. Heb. 9:28
Things you should know about your salvation from the scriptures:
- God was not happy with the blood of animals, but with the sacrifice of Christ in order to fulfill His plan of salvation for man. Hebrews 10: 4-5, 9-10 / John 3: 16.
- All you need to do now is to accept His free gift of love for you, as his purpose in dying for you was out of His great love for you. John 3: 16.
- If you refuse, then you will have to pay the penalty for your own sins, at a careless, irresponsible price. The best recommendation is to choose the Gift of God which leads to eternal life. Rom. 6: 23
3. JESUS IS OUR MEDATOR, LIBERATOR AND LORD
Jesus has dedicated himself to the task and has done everything possible in order to meet our needs to have eternal life. Here are a few things we need to observe. The Bible teaches that:
- “Jesus lives now forever, as the permanent Priest and that He intercedes for us.” Hebrews 7: 24-26
- “There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men” 1 Timothy 2: 5-6
- God sets us free when we choose to believe and receive Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord. Romans 10: 9-10
- We have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. Colossians. 2: 10.
- Jesus says: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
GOD IS CALLING YOU TODAY!
Jesus Christ God Son has already set you free, all you need to do is to set yourself free by accepting His love for you. It is a gift, but if you do not take the gift, you cannot have it. It must be taken. Today is your chance, tomorrow will be too late. Say yes to the Lord today and live!!!
STEPS TO JESUS
All you need to do is to:
- Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved… Acts 16: 31 / John 3: 16
- Repent and be baptised in the name of Jesus for forgiveness of your sins… Acts 2:38 / Acts 3: 19
- Ask His forgiveness by confessing your sins to Him… 1 John 1: 9
- Accept and Acknowledge Jesus as your Saviour and Lord… St. John 1: 12 / Romans 10: 9-10
- Jesus says: Deny yourself, take up your cross daily and Come follow me. St. Luke 9: 23